Time to sell your Batavia home!
Thinking of selling your Batavia home? Current market conditions make now the time!
Like any other commodity, housing obeys the laws of supply and demand. If supply outweighs demand, you’ll have a tough time selling your home. But if demand is high and supply is low…selling your home could be a breeze!
Let’s take a look at the current supply and demand for housing in the tri-cities. The following information was compiled from Midwest Real Estate Data on Monday, August 22nd, 2016.
- 510 homes are for sale in St Charles.
- 613 homes have sold in the last 6 months, that’s 102 homes per month.
- This gives us 5 months of available inventory. Anything between 5 and 6 months represents a stable housing market. Conditions favor both buyers and sellers.
- There are 249 homes for sale in Geneva.
- 381 homes sold in the last 6 months, that’s 63 homes per month.
- Geneva has a 4 month inventory of homes. This is right on the edge but still puts Geneva in a sellers market. Conditions favor the home seller and they may realize a higher selling price, and quicker transition.
- 146 homes are for sale in Batavia.
- 271 homes have sold in the previous 6 months, 45 homes per month.
- Batavia only has a 3 month inventory of homes. Your area is in a sellers market right now. If you’ve been thinking of selling, now is the time. You should experience a quicker sale and higher price.
As with any statistics, conditions can vary based on your neighborhood and price range. Demand is stronger for some homes compared to others. Give us a call at (630) 488-3300 to find out local market conditions in your area.